When you donate to Big Brothers Big Sisters, you join our cause and directly support children in your community. No matter how little or big the amount, donating can start making a difference in the lives of young people around you.
Donating pays dividends.
Research shows that our mentoring works. Children with a Big Brother or Big Sister show real differences in their personal and academic lives. They are more confident in their schoolwork performance, they get along better with their families and they’re 52% less likely to skip school.1
Your support goes far.
Your financial support helps us provide our programs and services nationally and in your local community—so we can develop more college grads, community leaders and entrepreneurs.
Roughly 90% of every dollar you give goes directly to making and supporting matches between Littles and Bigs. Great Nonprofits, a leading provider of reviews and ratings of nonprofit organizations throughout the U.S, has ranked Big Brothers Big Sisters of America as a top Children's and Families Nonprofit and awarded us a 5-star rating. This means you can rest assured that we are using donations wisely.
Your financial support helps:
• Recruit new Big Brother and Big Sister volunteers.
• Cover the costs of background checks, while ensuring trained professionals match Littles to responsible Bigs.
• Enable ongoing supervision and relationship support for every Big, Little and Little’s family.
• Provide cultural and social activities to enrich the opportunities for children.
Become a part of the Big Brothers Big Sisters family today
1 Tierney, J.P., Grossman, J.B., and Resch, N.L. (1995) Making a Difference: An Impact Study of Big Brothers Big Sisters. Philadelphia: Public/Private Ventures
To donate online:
FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS CLOSELY.
1. Follow the link below to the Friends of the Ithaca Youth Bureau.
2. You will be given an opportunity to assign a designation for your gift. Please write Big Brothers Big Sisters of Ithaca & Tompkins County.
To donate by check:
1. Please make check out to Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Ithaca Youth Bureau
2. Mail to:
1 James Gibbs Dr.
Ithaca, NY 14850